We do a little unofficial guerilla gardening in our neck o’th’woods. But I’m now on Toronto Public Space Committee mailing list, so am apprised of the activities of this official unofficial movement.
Here are the details, in case you’re interested in doing a little subversive sowing:
Guerilla Gardeners 2008 Spring Event Dates Announced:
– 2008 Kick-off meeting!
This Thursday, April 3rd, 6:30 p.m. @ the Centre for Social Innovation (215 Spadina Avenue, Suite 120)
– April 12th – Seed bombs and little signs preparation
– April 24th – Seed bombing…… heh heh
– May 4th – 1st Planting – East end
– May 18th – 2nd Planting – Downtown
– May 31st – 3rd Planting – West end
– June 21st – Night planting for summer solstice (Kensington)
Locations and exact times to follow shortly for each of the above. If you wish to keep up with current Guerilla Gardening events, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or join one of our Facebook groups. More info will follow when the dates have been confirmed.