13 Clues Winter Has Started
1. You wake up with the tell tale sign of something solid pelting the window pane. The big snow has arrived.
2. You are grateful that you don’t have to go anywhere in the car today. No outside appointments! Yay! You snuggle under the covers. *feel smug*
3. You remember you have a puppy, with an outdoor bathroom/romping in the park habit. *heave sigh*
4. You dress in many layers, including new “sleeping bag with arms” coat purchased especially for the dog park. *think how smart you are for planning!*
5. Sad realization that haven’t thought yet about winter footwear. *November, curses for lulling you into false sense of security!*
6. You remember that your winter boots are in a high cupboard. You need a ladder to access. You already look like the Michelan Man, and Puppy is bouncing off walls. You decide the hell with the boots, it’s just a few inches of snow. *taking charge! making decisions!*
7. You decide to wear sneakers instead of leather walking shoes because they have “traction”. You forget that they also have “holes”.
8. You get outside. Human, meet weather. Weather, meet human. It’s now 4 inches of Cold and Slushy and Windy. *bad first date. just finish coffee and get home quickly*
9. It’s also raining. *of course it is!*
10. Your “winter interest” planter with the curly willow has tipped onto the walk, from the 60 km winds. Worry about slipping on the walkway, holding puppy leash with one hand, while you tip it back into place. It promptly falls back over. *damn, damn, damn, damn*
11. It takes approximately 2 and a half minutes for the slush to percolate through the sneakers, as you walk towards dog park. *you find this strangely compelling, thinking about osmosis*
12. Standing in the dog park, amongst snow, slush and howling winds, a new human with dog arrives, hailing you and the four others, with the greeting: “Hello nutbars.” *yes. we are nutbars*
13. You come home looking like the person in the postcard.